Choosing the right floor coating for a garage can cause one to scratch their head, especially if you’re quite new to floor coatings. Which one should you go for, a polyaspartic or epoxy flooring system?
In the past, the most known flooring system used to be epoxy. However, over the years, there has been a spike in polyaspartic coating usage for garage floors. Since each of the two flooring types has its own advantages and disadvantages, which one should you go for? In this post, you’ll learn the pros and cons of polyaspartic vs epoxy for garage. Hopefully, you’ll be able to make a decision on the one that suits you by the end of this post.
Polyaspartic vs. Epoxy Garage Floor Coating: What’s the difference?
Pros of epoxy coating
- They’re affordable.
- They’re durable.
- They’re chemical resistant.
- You have the freedom to customize the floor according to your preference.
- Has a long pot life.
- Doesn’t lift up or peel away easily.
Cons of epoxy coating
- Hard to apply in harsh temperatures such as winter.
- Takes long time to dry up.
- Off-gassing can lower the indoor air quality.
- It gets rigid with time despite hardening.
Pros of polyaspartic coating
- Can be applied in various climates and temperature conditions.
- They’re durable and they have stain and scratch resistance.
- Easily customizable.
- Fast drying time (30 minutes to 1 hour).
- Doesn’t affect indoor air quality.
- Its color doesn’t fade easily.
Cons of polyaspartic coating
- Expensive compared to epoxy.
- Sensitive to battery acid.
- Its application may require a professional.
- Has a short pot life.
Is polyaspartic better than epoxy?
Now that you’ve learned about epoxy vs polyaspartic coating differences, which one is better? It’s not easy to say which one is better since they have their own benefits and drawbacks. However, if you find it hard selecting the right flooring type for you, a specialist can help you out. If you’re around Omaha, NE or Council Bluffs, IA, contact Garage Floor Rehab for top-notch Polyaspartic Flooring Omaha or Polyaspartic Floor Coating Council Bluffs.